So this was my first full year in Virginia Beach – LOTS of things went on!
- I read Ready Player One and enjoyed it
- I discovered Dragon Age: Inquisition and am still enjoying it
- Drove to Richmond with Rudi to retrieve a Pillowsac chair
- Rejoiced at the news of the X-Files coming back in 2016!
- Attended 221Bcon and witnessed fandom history being made (and not in a good way)
- Paid off Blue Ferrigno (my faithful little Yaris)
- Attempted to adopt a kitten, but had to return him when Kensi was not happy in the least 😦
- Went to the Outer Banks for the first time and had a GREAT week with Rudi and friends!
- Helped rescue an injured hawk from Downtown Norfolk after a peregrine knocked it out of the air!
- Said a sad farewell and good luck to Rudi as she journeyed from the east coast to the west coast to attend grad school. MISS YOU BB!
- Sad an equally sad farewell and good luck to my friend Lis as she journeyed from Virginia to Florida when her father was transferred to Pensacola. MISS YOU LIS!
- Fell headlong into the Star Wars hype and purchased a BB-8 from Sphero 😀
- Started playing D&D again with an amazing group of ladies
- Experienced my first hurricane scare with Joaquin first threatening, then veering away from the Virginia coast
- Learned the basics on how to apply makeup and subscribed to Ipsy
- Attempted NaNo for 2015 and made it to 32.6K words before life overtook my words
- Returned to Philly for Thanksgiving this year and went to the Mutter Museum for the first time!
- Discovered Hamilton and fell in love with Revolutionary history
And now it’s the end of the year, and I plan to have a quiet holiday season here in Virginia Beach, hopefully see Star Wars before I get spoiled, and spend time with friends before 2016 takes off running.
Have a great holiday season, everyone!